Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I cancelled my Malaysian Airlines ticket due to unforeseen

Customer Question

I cancelled my Malaysian Airlines ticket due to unforeseen circumstances, life long medical condition of my son. Ticket was non refundable. Is it possible we can get the refunds. I can provide the medical certificate from" Royal Children Hospital" Melbourne regarding all this.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to hear but they do not have to refund you. You can send them a detailed letter and the doctors certificate and see what happens.

If you had taken out travel insurance and noted his condition the insurer may refund you but you have to look at the policy.

Also you can try contact the airline advocate and see if they can take it on and talk to the airline for you. But get the medical certificate.

Sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi ***** Airlines customer advocate service. I think they only deal with the Australian Participating Airlines not with Malaysian Airlines. ? is it correct or not. I want to know where to complaint about the Malaysian Airlines.Kind regards
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good evening

My apology for that yes you are correct.

Here is a link that suggests you write to the airline and if that fails then the ACA