Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer

I have a good behaviour bond for the next 12 months and

Customer Question

hello I have a good behaviour bond for the next 12 months and wanting to go for a holiday to Fiji at the end of October! will I get through customs in Fiji
Donna Sturgess
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 months ago.

You should generally disclose such matters at the time you apply for a tourist visa, as once disclosed a decision can be made as to your eligibility to enter before you arrive in Fiji. All countries have different rules as to what restrictions they place on people with a criminal history, and generally it depends on the nature of the offence you have been convicted of. Many nations are particularly reluctant to allow people with serious drug or violent offences, but how strict countries are varies widely.

Unfortunately, the only way you can check for sure is to contact the consulate:

That said, the fact you have a good behavior bond does tend to indicate your offence was of a relatively minor nature so I would guess it probably won't be an issue.

Good luck and please rate my answer.