Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

My son is 18 years old and diagnosed phzyafrinic for

Customer Question

my son is 18 years old and diagnosed phzyafrinic for majority of his life.he has a friendwho currently is in jail for few different chargers but main one in question is 7 grams of amphetamines.My son told me that apparently the ugs was his and he got paranoid the day before mate was busted with now y so is thinking about signing decloration in front of J.P .This will be my sons first charge if he goes through with question is what will the likely outcome be and will he do any time in jail,as I think he is just trying to get his mate out of jail and he is just taking this on myself
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

He should not do anything without seeing a solicitor that practices in criminal law.

Because of his condition he may not go to jail but this has to be handled carefully.

He should contact the law society in your state and get a referral to a solicitor that practices in Criminal law and get very details advise on how this should be handled.

Also a medical report will have to be obtained from his treating doctor.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance, If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.