Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

We are a small buisness by the name 1 Hubby for Hire & know

Customer Question

hello we are a small buisness by the name 1 Hubby for Hire & know have hire a hubby threating legal action saying that we are misleading the public to think its them i can assure you we dont we dont need ther clients as we have our own that im related to most of them, & there handymen we are trades men any advice as im not backing down to them as they have mis lead clients over charged clients who then have called us we fix it not saying a bad word they have been running my name to the ground not good when im junior footy coach
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

They are accusing you of passing off.

Because there is a similarity in the name you are trading off their name and reputation.

It is not that you are misleading or doing anything to mislead, the issue is whether the average person in the street would confuse your company for them. If the answer is that they would confuse the tow and think you were the other mob then you are misleading the public.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.