Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

We r currently on student visa in Australia and our student

Customer Question

HelloWe r currently on student visa in Australia and our student visa is expiring soon so i am going to apply for student visa extension. Immigration changed the rules and theirs GTA ( genuine temporary entrant) option.In this, we need to add some sort of letter which signifies why we want to extend the further student visa.I have done commercial cookery cert 3 & 4. Adv. dip. Of hospitality and now i am opting for cert lll n lv in pattissree (bakery).Basically i need some sort of letter which says that my motive is to enhance my skills and to open business related to my course in my home country.Thank you!-:::--Regards--::: AMAN
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

This letter had to come from you not a solicitor. The letter should try and explain why you want to do the extra course and how what you have is not enough to accomplish what you want in the future.

It is not enough that you wish to do the course you have to show how it will further your career and that changes in the industry require it to be able to get the work you want.

They department is trying to stop people just staying and doing courses for the sake of staying. You have to justify them granting the extension.

But this letter has to come from you.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I understand that this letter has to come from me. I just need to know that what shud b appropriate context in it
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Afternoon

You have to make it about you. I cannot suggest what is appropriate as I dont know you or your circumstances or what you wish to do in your future career.

This all has to be address in the letter.