Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Yesterday I was just parked in a car park. I was half out of

Customer Question

Hi! Yesterday I was just parked in a car park. I was half out of my be hike with my keys out of the ignition. A car came into the car park next to me fairly quickly and she took my car door. My car door is ok. But there is a bit of damage. I had my feet on the road as I was about to get completely out and close my car door to go to the supermarket. What are my rights? And is the other driver at fault? As I was stationary and basically out of my vechile?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Victoria. It's a 2002 convertible limited edition
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No as it happen at 6.30 pm last night
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The other party was non complient. Would not allow me to take images of the cars and gave me limited information about themselves. Then harassed me a few times. Then sent the police to me. Which I provided the police all information regarding what happened. The police called myself later and gave me the other parties details and apologised to me for wasting my time
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

So you were parked in a parking bay or on the street?