Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My Husband and myself have signed a contract to purchase a

Customer Question

My Husband and myself have signed a contract to purchase a caravan and paid a deposit, The caravan has not been started yet and will not be delivered until Nov 2016,.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Stat of Qld, My husband has been diagnosed with bowl cancer three weeks ago, will be under chemo for approx 8 months and will no longer be able to drive with towing a van or hooking a van up. We no longer want to go ahead. How can we get out of this contract and have our deposit returned to us. The contract does not say it is a binding contract , it was signed on 22/6/2016, I informed the Dealer of my Husbands condition on 28/7/2016
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nnnn
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: WeI cannot typeThis is not allowing me to type
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you

Do you have a copy of the contract?

Can you email it to me

the email address is***@******.***

I will look at and see what your rights are in getting back your money.

There has to be a termination clause in it.