Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My employer has received a garnishee order for myself, yet i

Customer Question

hi there my employer has received a garnishee order for myself, yet i have no idea what it is for. can I find out
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NSW
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no i havent
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: all I know is that it is from my old real estate agent. they have not contacted me regarding this matter and from my understanding we had no outstanding fees as we spoke to the real estate when we handed the keys back, we had a certain date to hand them back by before we were charged anything extra. also I dont understand why I am the only one who has received this when there were two peoples name on the lease
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Were you served with a Statement of claim about a set you owed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi there, I dont know what is going on. I just received an email saying that I have an answer waiting to be viewed to my question and that $81 has been deducted from my credit card. I do not know what this is about and have never been on this web site before. I dont even know what a garnishee is nor do I have one.
How do I go about fixing this up and getting a refund
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon.

That is what you have offered to pay to use the service.

Do you wish to continue? If not I can speak to the administrators.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I do not wish to continue as this was not I who sent the question. Will I get a refund?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello?? can you please tell me what is happening
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

I am requesting a refund for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you i have just received an email saying i have been refunded