How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife left me 1 month ago and is living with another

Customer Question

My wife left me 1 month ago and is living with another man,they have just got engaged what can i do can i sue her for adultry
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In Victoria Australia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not as yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: she says she left me because she fell out of love she will not go with me to see a marriage councilor
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You cannot sue her for adultery.

There is no such offence under australian law.

How long have you been married?