Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My husband has requested a divorce I don't want to contest

Customer Question

My husband has requested a divorce I don't want to contest it as I realize that our relationship is now beyond repair but I would like to state my reasons too Do I need to engage my own layer to respond even though I am not contesting and how do I go about having my reasons heard
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
You can file a response for an application for divorce and explain all what you wish to do in the document.

As you may know, all that is needed to file for divorce is separation for a period of 12 months, notwithstanding anything you want to disclose in the document, im sorry to say, the court would not take anything into account.

Here is the form:

http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/forms-and-fees/court-forms/form-topics/divorce/form-response-to-divorce

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

All the best with it, please rate my service.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.