Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have had a visa application for my girlfriend denied

Customer Question

I have had a visa application for my girlfriend denied because apparently she doesnt have enough assets or funds to return to in Zimbabwe. I am a NZ citizen and i live in western australia. Im wondering if i can make a declaration or sign a legal document of some sought to assure the immigration that she is only coming to visit and i will be responsible for her to make sure she abides by the restrictions of the visa and she will leave Australia within the specified period
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You cannot sponsor her as she is not family.

She has to have the money to come over. If you wish to give her the funds to have in her account this amy work and as he can reapply. Otherwise she is not going to be granted a visa as they fear she will not leave.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards