Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

Is it illegal to audiotape on a phone a conversation without

Customer Question

Is it illegal to audiotape on a phone a conversation without consent. My wife who I am seperated from did this twice without my knowledge. Thanks
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is in victoria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't but I believe she has regarding our finances
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No I've got to go through the accounts but I believe I became the primary finder to her and her two children without an income, now I have little money. She just sold her house but is suggesting that she will give me little. I payed all wedding costs holidays etc in our brief marriage
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What did she do with the recording?