Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I had a boyfriend and girlfriend argument and my boyfriend

Customer Question

Hello there. I had a boyfriend and girlfriend argument and my boyfriend set me up and told me something then i told him back then he call the police and they send me to court and i pleaded guilty and now it been 5 years o haven't got a job and am only 22years of age. My question is how long doe it take to get it removed. Right now am not with him anymore and i dont even work.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nsw
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet but have seen a legal aid
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: They couldn't help the same thing i even call the police station the same thing.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello

A spent conviction can only be applied for 5 years from now, 10 years after the offence regrettably.

There are no other exceptions.

More info:

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/spent-convictions-scheme

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions if need be after doing so at no further cost.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.