How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Student visa extension (subclass 500), my visa is going to

Customer Question

Student visa extension (subclass 500), my visa is going to be expired on the 16th of August .My husband and I have a valid passport,however, my children's passport has expired. So,my question is how Can I apply for doing health examination as I can't get my "HAP" because of my children's passport .
Best Regards
Shahla Ahmed
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Your children should go get new passports. You should have enough time.

Contact the Consulate of the country that issued the passports and make urgent appointments. Without the passports you cannot do anything. So you are going o have to sort out this issue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have contacted them ,they said it takes time may a month or two.
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Your children have an issue. They need a valid passport for their visa.

What is the HAP? is it a qualification or residency?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is the ID number for doing health examination.
I want to let you know that I have my new COE.
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

You should be able to extend your visa to continue studying.

Your children do not have to be part of that. But they have a problem staying with an invalid passport.