Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

We have through the actions of a solicitor failure to advise

Customer Question

We have through the actions of a solicitor failure to advise us a requirement of Section 59 of the Land Act 1994 due him not using registered mail and using the wrong address has cost us in excess of $300,000.00 we urgently need to know our best method to having this matter heard in court, obviously no other solicitors will get involved due to it meaning taking on another solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If the Legal Services Commissioner is saying that the Solicitor has been negligent you can take the matter to the Supreme Court and sue for compensation.

That is not correct. There are many solicitors that will take on a solicitor for being negligent. You should be talking to Maurice Blackburn or any other firm that practices in no win no fee matters. The Solicitor will notify their insurers and the matter will be in the Supreme Court. You also have a right to request the file and if they wont give it to you once you file in court you can issue a subpoena.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance, if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The information you gave me was of no help Maurice Blackburn you recommended was all so keen to represent me to take action for professional misconduct and just like the rest of the lawyers as soon as I mention it was against another lawyer all of a sudden they start making excuses , still today I don’t have a lawyer to represent me, may be I have to try and see if I can one from New Zealand or the like. there most a web site where people who have had simular professional misconduct by a lawyer get assistance, all I need is a guide through the court system the evidence I have is clear cut I could represent myself , maybe I need a silent lawyer who’s name doesn’t appear but guides me through the courts Per F. Vella
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

Have you reported this to the Legal Services Commissioner?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Legal Services Commission stated they don’t provide legal assistance and I am to find my own lawyer and if successful they will follow up and press charges against the lawyer and then I will get a maxium of $7400.00 It is obvious they are their to protect the lawyers at all costs, lawyers looking after lawyers, the only way is to represent myself maybe with the backing of a silent lawyer which wouldn’t be a problem as I have the funds Per F. Vella
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

They may not give legal advise but they will take on complaints about solicitors and discipline them.

Try Shine Lawyers

https://www.shine.com.au/service/professional-negligence/

Also this link.

http://www.solicitornegligence.info