Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I have a commercial lease and I have been paying rent 2-3

Customer Question

I have a commercial lease and I have been paying rent 2-3 weeks later than the due date(due date 6th of each mont)
The real estate agent in accordance with the landlord has issued a letter revising the rental
date to end of each month and incurred a rental adjustment fee of $3783.12. My question is can they do this without discussing it with me and giving me an option.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Afternoon.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am not sure what you mean by adjusting the date? Your rent is due on a set date if you are late then you can be charged interest if the lease allows it.

To change the lease they need you consent they cannot do that without your agreement. But they can add interest to the rent that is late.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance,. if there is niching further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.