Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I divorced in 2009 since then, my ex never allowed me to see

Customer Question

Hi, My name is***** divorced in 2009 since then, my ex never allowed me to see my daughter. I have been paying 100% child support and this year I lost by job and worked casual on call for the rest of the year. For a good reason I could not give the CSA an accurate estimate. I prefer they take all at the end of the year. However the CSA has stated that I owe an additional $6,953.85 payable by 7th August, 2016. This amount owing has been calculated from an annual income of $66,159.00 for me and my ex partners's annual income of $43,193.00. Is there a way I can negotiate with the CSA on this matter to extend the deadline.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You need to put in a variation.

if you are not earning the income that they say you have to disclose what you have earned and do your income tax returns for the period.

Did you earn that money?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Leon,Yes I earned that money and I am willing to pay in full and i trust it is an accurate assessment which anyone in my situation would pay if they earned that much . However it is the repayment deadline that I would like extended.