Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Madam I have credit card debt in 2010, the credit agency

Customer Question

Hello sir/madam
I have credit card debt in 2010, the credit agency made that has in default payment in 2016 and that credit history will be deleted in 2021. Can you suggest any legal help in this matter.
Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you asking about clearing the record?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
clearing the record.
The credit card debt in the year 2010 and how it can be made default payment in the year 2016 and will be cleared in the year 2021. This was saying in tge credit veda report.Please help me in this matter.
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Evening.

If the debt is correct and you have defaulted there is nothing that can be done. Only if it is incorrectly recorded can you have ti removed.

It does not matter when they record it, it can be later.

Id the debt correct?