Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I need to get a police check I'm on a section 10b and I'm

Customer Question

Hi I need to get a police check for work I'm on a section 10b and I'm worried it will come up on my police check
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nsw
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes I got a lawyer to represent me on the day I put in for my police check and they sent me an email saying it may take longer because they have someone else in the police data base with similar details and they need to go through it I'm worried that they can see I'm on a bond and are going through and it will show up
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: He just wasn't sure he said that when applying for a job if asked was I charged to tick yes but if asked was convicted tick no i can copy and paste the email they sent me today
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This happened in February that's when I was placed on the bond and need my police check for work so I'm just worried about it coming up on my record
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You are on a good behaviour bond? Has the bond period expired and did you comply?