Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I am in a real bind and need some advise or a way forward. I

Customer Question

I am in a real bind and need some advise or a way forward . I was injured at a work site overseas whilst working on company property.This occured in April this year. I was living in that country that I was injured in . Since that time I have now been repatriated to my home country. My company has told me that it has submitted the insurance papers to the insurance company. I had an email from them last week saying that someone will contact me within 48 hours this didn't occur. I have emailed my company and they now are not responding wither. I am in a corner as to date I have had to pay for all my own medical bills myself using my private insurance where I can . I really need a lawyer to assist a way forward trying to find one on the internet if fruitless
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is the insurer in Australia?

Have you been given a claim number from your employer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No the insurer I am dealing with is in the US . I have not been issued with a claim number from either my employer or the insurance company. I believe that the insurance company has an office in Sydney. I do have email correspondence from both the above mentioned
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning.

The injury occurred in the US?

do not post the emails on here they will become public.

Can you email them to me on

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi The injury occurred in Oman where I was living as an expat. My contract was out of bermuda. Saying that I have now been sent back to Perth where I currently am and are dealing with my company in the US
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning.

Send me the emails and I will look at them Also can you email me the contract as well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can do send them to the email above ??
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

yes to

Mark it to my attention and the administrators will forward it to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Requested documents sent
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Ok I will get back to you once I get them. May be tomorrow morning but just be patient.

No need to reply to this post