Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

I got married in the philippines to a philippino girl 10

Customer Question

hi i got married in the philippines to a philippino girl 10 years ago, now she has gone off with another guy,can she get a divorce she has just obtained her Australian citizenship
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: what is USCIS?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Any Australian citizen is entitled to get a divorce if they want to and there is generally no circumstance in which a court will refuse such a request save that the parties have to have been separated for at least 12 months.

I trust his assists your understanding.

If you have a follow up question, please advise otherwise please rate my answer.

Patrick