kmslaw
kmslaw, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
72036894

Im currently in reciept of the dsp from centrelink im about

Customer Question

im currently in reciept of the dsp from centrelink im about 2 recieve a settlement 4 a slipping accident can i gift any money 2 my grandson and avoid having my pension stoped 4 any period of time
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who will help with your inquiry today.

I'll be able to check this for you in just a moment, I'll have to open the Social Security Act.

I'll come back to you shortly.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 6 months ago.

In order to answer your question, can you answer the following? That will help me find the section under which you qualify for the dsp.

• How old are you?
  • Who do you live with?
  • Are you married?
  • Do you have any dependent children?
  • When did you qualify for the dsp?
  • What is your disability? If it is several disabilities, please specify.
  • When did you start having these disabilities?
  • Do you work at all? Does this affect your rate of the pension? If so, how much.

I think that is all I need to know then I can look it up for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
50yo with daughter n 5yo son divorced one dependant son first on 1996 til aprox 2005 became a carer 4 mum then back on pension aprox 2013 disability is addictions n back injury started disabilitys at a teen no dont work no effect on pension
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i thought id put it trust 4 my autistic grand son there4 hoping that centrelink wouldnt stop my pension 4 any period of time
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when i say dependant son i mean he lives with his mother
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
kylie i m going 2 bed now i realy hope u can help with my queston im very worried will check with you 2moz gnite
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont see an answer to my question am i doing something wrong?
Expert:  kmslaw replied 6 months ago.

Hello. No you are not doing something wrong, I have had meetings all morning. I can attend to this question today but it may have to be at around 3pm if that's okay. I've got some meetings this morning and work to do until then. If you want a quicker answer, I can opt out and have another expert help you.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to answer you. Yesterday afternoon something urgent came up and I had to attend to it. I will work on the question now and answer you. Give me about half an hour.
Expert:  kmslaw replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I think this question is going to take me longer than I anticipated to answer. In the circumstances, I think it's best if I opt out and let someone with more experience in the social security legislation answer the question as it will be faster for you. I do apologise for the delay I have caused you.
Expert:  kmslaw replied 6 months ago.
The trouble that I have is that on my iPad I can't opt out of this question and on my desktop computer I can't even view your question so I will keep trying but if I can't opt out to let someone else help you, please contact customer service for assistance to put your question back into the experts queue.