Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have recently been accuse of assault and went to court an

Customer Question

Hi I have recently been accuse of assault and went to court an received a spent conviction.
Prior to the above court appearance I breached bail and a vro by sending some emails none threatening but asking for her if she could think about what she was doing as it would severely impact on my livelihood if I was to get a criminal charge.
She produced the emails to the police and I spent a night in lockup but went to court for these the next day and again received spent convictions on both.
I have just had a call from the police stating that she has gone back to see them and produced more emails prior to the ones above and that have already been dealt with in court looking to have me charged again.
2 questions can they really charge me again ? Secondly ive had enough of all this as she seems to be trying to set me up for anything. As I said if I was to get a criminal convictin my job is lost. Can I now have her up for defamation or something to get her off my back ?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

When were the sent after the VRO?

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

Can you please respond to my last question?