Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I am an appointed official on a local council committee, the

Customer Question

I am an appointed official on a local council committee, the Council director made untrue statements about an issue which was alleged that I claimed an officer of the counbcil was making personal gain, when questioned by me , would he name the person, he would not, when asked for a stat dec from the employee be provided as to the claim, it was denied, I lodged a code of conduct complaint against the director, which in turn the investigator paid for by the Council has now found me in breach requiring me to apologise to the officer that I allegedly made statements to, and I have been removed from the committee .. This is just so wrong that I feel violated, Do I have grounds to take the Director personaly on for defamation or libel? I cannot and will not apologise for something I did not do
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Which council are we talking about?

In what circumstances the allegations were made?

What did the investigator's report say and what evidence does he refer to?

What, if anything, did you say that could have lead to these allegations?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Griffith city Council NSW, In a council meeting, .. there was no evidence provided other than he, a conversation between myself and an officer in a public place with no others presentarsay
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Who has the director lied to about you and are they prepared to give evidence to confirm the lies and confirm that as a result their opinion of you has declined and have you suffered any loss?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please refund. I am not satisfied