Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Please someone help me! I have an ANZ debit Visa card witch

Customer Question

Please someone help me !
I have an ANZ debit Visa card witch basically means you use your own money I use this card for online purchases an gambling last month there was a period where I made a lot of deposits into a gambling site witch I've been using for the past 2 or so years , on the 28th of last month I had a win an checked my ANZ account an I was in credit $9,000 or little over witch was deposited by the site I play on this was my win , it seemed strage that they put the money into my ANZ so quick it normally talk 3 or so day so just to confirm it I called the ANZ an asked who deposited the money an ad I thought I was correct it was my win I ask if it was mine to use an not pending funds as she said yes there is nothing pending also I checked my account through my phone app it to showed nothing outstanding . So I decided to go online an play an slowly lost it back till my ANZ card was declined an then I new I'd lost it all I then deposited another $600 an played that to i then transferred $1000 from my CBA account to my ANZ witch I new would take 24hrs before I could access it so the next day I loged on to play agian an my ANZ card was declined I thought that's strange the money I transferred from CBA should have landed in my ANZ I then check my ANZ an it showed I was overdrawn by a certain amount but I'm still thinking I should have $1000 in credit over the next few days my account is overdrawn by $8900 an ANZ is now saying there was still purchases that hadn't hint my account yet shortly as I make withdrawals it can calculate the amounts . I've been on the phone with ANZ all morning an even 3 of there managers have never seen this before an can't believe that the ANZ can allow a bank card to overdrawl by such a large ammount an they are saying it need to be paid its now in the collections department an basically told me to seek legal advise
Please help me as I am a nervous wreck!
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
So in short, you found $9,000 in your account that you now used and ANZ now want you to repay the money as it was not yours to begin with?
You initially made contact with the ANZ and the $9,000 was legitimate according to them?

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
I have not received a response?
I wish to help you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
I have not received a response?
I wish to help you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
I have not received a response?
I wish to help you.