Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I signed a Contract sale of a new motor vehicle and it was

Customer Question

I signed a Contract for the sale of a new motor vehicle and it was subject to finance both by me and/or also by the Dealership getting the finance. It now involves a Personal Loan of $35,000 because it includes what is left owing ($10,000) on my 2013 Hyundai Vehicle which I bought from the same dealer. I now do not definitely want to go ahead with the Deal but the Dealership is now holding me to the Contract telling me I have to buy the vehicle and take the hefty Personal Loan. They keep telling me St George Bank Auto Finance have approved the Loan. If I break the contract they now tell me I will have to pay 10% of the Purchase price of the vehicle. I am struggling financially. Please help. I am also a single wage earner.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

When you signed the contract and the finance contract what was the amount for?

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Can you please reply here. The other question you have made your documents public.

I will reply here and close that one.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

It does not say what the finance amount is to be.

What did you say you were prepared to borrow? What did they tell you you had to borrow?