Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I would like to know if I am able to have a copy of my

Customer Question

I would like to know if I am able to have a copy of my review from my previous employer
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I was last employed with CBI on IMPEX project in Darwin
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Everyone was given reviews ecept me
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: hwever I have been told by some people that I was given a bad report
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Only if they agree to release it. It belongs to them and it is at their discretion to give it to you.

Why do you want it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I feel that the said review may be inpinging on my ability to get employment
this is an ERMS listed review
I thought that undre the FOIA that I have a right to reuest to see what has been said about me, especially as it may be impacting on my ability to gain further employment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have applied to several companies and they all said they are looking for people then within a few days they are all saying that they don't need anyone.. yet friends on these sites are saying that they are losing people and need more people.. they are hiring, just not me!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there??
If you are not prepared to give me an answer... give me back my $5
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Freedom of Information applies to Government departments.

If you believe that you are beefing defamed then you may have an action and if you file an application with the court you can issue a subpoena and they have to produce the file.

Have any of the companies given you reasons? Or advised that it si because of the references that are there?