Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My wife and I would like to separate we have a house in Port

Customer Question

my wife and I would like to separate we have a house in Port Hedland that has no equity in it we own a house on Gold Coast with a little bit of equity she wants to stay on the Gold Coast I want to go back to Port Hedland are we able to get a names Port Hedland house changed over to my name and the Gold Coast house changed over to her name legally we also have a small amount of cash that we are quite happy to share is all this possible especially changing the Port Hedland house even though it has no equity into my name alone so I can move back thank you
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You will have to compete an application for Consent orders and once the court makes the orders you can change the ownership and there is no stamp duty.

Here is the link for the DIY kit

http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/forms-and-fees/court-forms/diy-kits/kit-diy-application-consent-orders

You have to disclose all assets and liabilities for each of you and then show what the split will be.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance., If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards