Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Madam, I came from Romania to join my Romanian husband in

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is***** came from Romania to join my Romanian husband in 2008. Curently, I am an Australian citizen and I applied to AHPRA to obtain my registration as a nurse and/or midwife here in Australia as I am a qualified registered nurse and registered midwife in Romania.
Unfortunately this is my second application within 6 months and apparently AHPRA's staff is playing up. Long story short, my first application was withdrawn as a result of missing documents which I couldn't gather, translate, certified until the due date.
To avoid any further problems I checked carefully all the documents which are required for this type of application before my second application. However, now they are asking me to provide 3 more paper work which in my opinion they already have received from my Romanian authorities. When I asked for details regarding what is missing they just sent me back a couple of links from AHPRA's website, links which I've almost memorised using them so many times. No explanation no details nothing. That left me totally confused and angry at the same time.
I can clearly see that they are trying to "go around the bush" if I can use this un formal metaphor. It's just a mockery stuff which is not acceptable. In other words they want to get rid of me, or maybe they want to make me give up my carrier/ application and it is not fair.
I know very well that they won't recognise straight away my medical studies done in Romania but they have a special program for medical professionals trained oversease called "bridge course" which I am very happy to take it. Actually this is my target, but they won't let me get this chance.
So, I've been advice by my work mates who are health professionals born and bread here in Australia that my only chance to win this matter is to ask for legal aid.
I'm not entirely sure where to go to ask help for legal aid therefore, I decided to submit this request here on this website, hoping that someone can guide me.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Kind regards,
Georgeta Manolea
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Evening,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You will not get legal aid in this type of matter. What evidence do you have tat the information they now require has been provided to them?

Do you have copies?