Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My partners ex has 2 dogs that they had when they were

Customer Question

my partners ex has 2 dogs that they had when they were together . He has had them for the last 20 months and has dumped them at our house while we were not home and says they are my partners now. Is he allowed to do this
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Evening,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

They both own the dogs. There is no law that stops him delivering them to your partner. If your partner does not want them they can be taken to the RSPCA and left with them.

But in short there is no law that does not stop him giving them to your partner but there is a law against dumping animals.