Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

EPoa, Act, I have one elderly friend & now her son wants a

Customer Question

EPoa
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Act
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have one for an elderly friend & now her son wants a new one with him included & i'm wondering what happens with the current one as there are numerous organisations that I have supplied it to
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He lives in Macau & visits twice a year on average
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have an EPOA for an elderly friend which has been supplied to various organisations & now her son who lives in Macau wants a new EPOA to include him & i would like to know what this means in terms of the existing EPOA?
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Afternoon

The existing EPOA has to be revoked for the new one to be valid.

Him Being in Macau is going to be an issue as he is too far to be able to do anything.

If you and him are to be the attorney's then you have to be able to act on your own because him not being here is going to be difficult if not impossible.

But the one you have has to be revoked. I hope this makes sense?