Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have a full time employment contract as a sales and

Customer Question

I have a full time employment contract as a sales and marketing coordinator in accommodation/hotel head office and the contract states under the commencement and probation period that I am in a qualifying/probation period of 6 months and it says "We can terminate you in 1 week's notice" but there was no mention of the notice period I have to give within this period. However, under termination with notice title, it says that me or the company will have to give 4 weeks notice. It is my second month and I am not sure in case I got a job, would I need to give 1 week or 4 weeks notice?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You would have to give 4 weeks notice based on what you have described.

If you email me a copy I can look at it and get back to you.

email it to***@******.***

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Evening.

I am following up my last post. Do you still need assistance?