Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I have a criminal record and entering from 33 years ago i

Customer Question

I have a criminal record for break and entering from 33 years ago i would like to know if it can be spent from my record , i spent over a year inside prison .
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: This is for employment prospects
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No ,i have been clean except a couple of driving issues many years ago also .these have not shown up on my police clearance .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

The law varies from state to state so can you advise which state/territory are you in?