Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

Have been billed $1813.96 by Sensis pages. When it was

Customer Question

Have been billed $1813.96 by Sensis white pages. When it was questioned apparently with a "very scratchy" voice recording from 2011 saying that the advertising will be renewed each year unless otherwise stated. This had no followup written or verbal confirmation and we had no idea that we were subject to such a contract. When approached ( as it is was billed on our Telstra account) we have been told that we no alternative but to pay. We have closed the business in it's current address (after 25 years) and the phone number and fax have been cancelled, and we certainly don't have the money to pay as Geoff has retired and is now just receiving a pension Who can we turn to?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you have not terminated and you have agreed with them renewing it automatically then it is a valid agreement and the bill is also valid.

You have to also notify Sensis that you are cancelling the advertisement with them. They are a seperate business and they have nothing to do with the telephone companies.

You may be able to complain about them to the TIO

But you have to terminate the agreement in writing with them.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Evening.

I am following up my last post. Do you still need assistance?