Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My mother died on 9 June, my brother is executor of will,

Customer Question

My mother died on 9 June, my brother is executor of will, but will not let me see or show us the will.
Before my mother died, and approx an hour after she died my brother offered to give to me all of the money in my mothers account, and he keep the house. I have since done a title search and found that my brother and his wife are joint tennants and my mother was a tennants in common.
Ques 1 how can i get access to the will?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 12 months ago.

Good evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What state of Australia are you in?

Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Evening.

I am just following up my last post. Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like help. I live in Brisbane Qld.
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good evening.

Do you know when he transferred the house to his name?

You have a right to see the will and if hr does not give it to you then you can take it to court.

But it is important to know when he transferred the house. if it was done before she passed then you have a problem.