Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I signed a contract at work back in about 2007. I only

Customer Question

I signed a contract at work back in about 2007. I only signed it because my boss ay 4..at the time assured me that I would not be disadvantaged in future wage negotiations when compared to my team. This was the case to start with but after that boss left I found myself falling behind in percentage when compared to all of my colleagues on EB.
Additionally, my job title was changed from Head of Grounds to Grounds Manager with no change in re-numeration. I wrote to the Financial Director explain and detailing what I considered to be extra responsibilities but he didn't reply in writing. I think that because my work place believe I will be retiring in a few years, they are putting me on the back burner so to speak.
As I only have a verbal agreement with an ex-boss does that mean I don't have any recourse. I have fallen back by about 6 to 7 per cent since 2010/11. I feel that I have been unfairly treated. Does my work have a case to answer??
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

What do you mean by EB?

What does your contract say about pay increases and what you are entitled to?