Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I am currently on an IEA which my employer wants to

Customer Question

I am currently on an IEA which my employer wants to terminate 30th june but is offering me to continue doing the same work same flexible hours but is requesting saying that I will be paid inaccordance with an award that has no jurisdiction within my workplace. Fairwork have advised me there is no award for my position either state or federal and they could just pay me the minimum wage for whatever hours I work. I would have thought that I would at least continue on the same pay rate or better than what I currently receive otherwise there is no advantage in me changing except to say they could dismiss me and that would be unfair as someone has to do the work. I am a caretaker cleaner in a sports enviroment
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What award are they suggesting and are your rates of pay higher than the award?