Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

Stack's Law firm Tweed Heads claim that a cheque made out to

Customer Question

Stack's Law firm Tweed Heads claim that a cheque made out to my father chq #004155 went into his commonwealth account on the 8th April 2015, he claims he didn't receive it. Then they state that the same cheque went into my brother's P.F. O'Mara's account on the31/3/15I don't understand how 1 cheque can go into 2 accounts?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Have you asked them for copies of the cheques and the Trust account statement? I assume it is from their trust account?

The same cheque cannot go into 2 accounts.

Have you also spoken to the banks they are referring to and had them print out statements about the deposits?