Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I have stolen a substantial amount of money by selling

Customer Question

I have stolen a substantial amount of money by selling goods for cash. I feel so disgusted with my self and would own up to it. What should i do i am so scared.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Qld
JA: Huh?
Customer: I haven't been caught but could be close. I just want to own up to it. As it is very upsetting and thinking of ending my life.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No just that. I just want to tell my empolyer but am so scared. And dont know what to do. So do embrassed it was to gamble.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you running a business?

Or were you stealing from your employer?

How much money are we looking at?