Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Sometime during the 1980s Scotia Nominees, commenced

Customer Question

Sometime during the 1980s Scotia Nominees , commenced building 20 home units on (The esplanade Esperance) as they were sold each one was given a title however somehow only half of units had access to them. There is plenty room by way of a large parcel of land left vacant for that purpose.
Now the shire wants everyone to agree to sort it out. Scotia Nominees hasnt been registered for many years .
Over the years many of the units sold and Scotia Nominees had no idea about the problem for many years
1)Shouldn’t the Shire check all this before the they signed off?
2)Shouldn’t real estate agent check the title ect before they sell the property ?
3) Shouldn’t the settlement agent check the sale ?
4) The shire wants Scotia Nominees registered so they can fix a mistake they made some twenty years ago, the question is ( can the Shire force Scotia Nominees to register the company?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What do you mean only half had access to them? If you have title you own the unit.

Do you have the strata plan? Does this plan show the vacant land as common property?