Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My wife has served me with a interim intervention order sons

Customer Question

my wife has served me with a interim intervention order for my sons aged 9 and 6 which is due to go to court on the 12th of july what do I need to do to retain visitation rights at the moment I am not allowed to be within a 100 metres of them and no phone contact
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: does that I would have to employ one to represent me in court
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no as this has all just happened I did not know she was going to serve me with an order
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: like what
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  NYFamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues, employment and contract law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you today. Thanks! Please note: I want to help you but I may need some additional information from you. Are you okay with rating me? I would really appreciate it!

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back asap.

Can you tell me what state you are in? Thanks!

I am going to flag this as a question for Australia -- it's now showing here. I will opt out and let someone who handles Australia law take this question.

Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Can you elaborate on why the intervention order was issued? Typically it will be in relation to an allegation of aggressive behavior or abuse or some such similar issue which raises the need to protect the child.

Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.