Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

My name is . 3questions if I may. Is a real estate

Customer Question

Hello. My name is ***** ***** if I may.
Is a real estate agent/agency required by Law to invite me to do the outgoing inspection of a vacating Unit with them
Should I have, or be given the opportunity to repair, or offer quotes for any minor repairs required to a unit.
And what would be considered a small percentage of a quote to be paid by myself.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

When you leave you should do the inspection.

They are under no obligation but you should be asking for it.

You should have been told about the issues. You are liable for 100% of the damage.