Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

Search warrant Qld, that on 25th day of May 2016 one "me"

Customer Question

Search warrant Qld, that on 25th day of May 2016 one "me" did unlawfully produce drug namely cannabis. Charge includes "produce dangerous drug. Question There was no plants on property I had smoked two 30cm plants a couple weeks earlier as my wife passed away on Easter Monday. The officer who came out when she passed away,saw the two plants and came back out on the 25/5 with warrant. I admitted to growing the two plants as he had seen them. Can I get out of "produce dangerous drug" as there was no plants being produced on day of warrant. Court date 20th June. Thank you Alastair.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If it was only 2 plants you will be charged with that. If 2 plants are enough to classify as production you will be convicted.

You should have a solicitor represent you and if it was a one off and it was for personal use then you may be able to get lighter sentence. The size of the plants is also taken into account.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.