Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

400 hectares of land I held in fee simple was resumed by the

Customer Question

400 hectares of land I held in fee simple was resumed by the NSW NPWS
in 1986. It was resumed under the NSWPW Act 1912 for the purposes of the NPWS Act. ct. I subsequently determined from documents obtained under F of I by the Ombundsman that the true aim was to take the land from and give it to an ex-employee of the NPWS who had been sacked by the owner of the lease of the kosciuski national park, kerry packer. I think the NPWS mislead on the reasons for the resumption. Is there any case now for querying the legislation.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have a problem because of delay.

If you believe that there was corruption involved you can report it it ICAC

They can investigate it for you and if they find there was corruption then they may order it be returned.

But to sue for compensation you will not be able to as too many years have passed.

You cant query the legislation. They used it to get what they want but if it was not the real purpose there may be some corruption involved.

I hope this makes sense?