Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have a picture of an australian passport number M0992136

Customer Question

I have a picture of an australian passport number M0992136 for a Alberta Moore is this correct
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what information do you require
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I only want to find out if this passport belongs to Alberta Moore
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

We cannot give you information to confirm that. There are matters that are dealt with by Immigration.

Are you trying to confirm the passport is legitimate?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that is what I am trying to do
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Morning

Where did you get it? Was it provided to you by the person who allegedly owns it?

If so are you able to get them to sign an authority allowing you to check with immigration?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is from a dating site the lady in question sent me a photo of the part of the passport with her photo and name on it just trying to see if I am being conned by this lady?
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Morning

I would not trust anything from an online dating sight.

The department wont give you that information.

I would suggest if you wish to confirm it is her ask her for further evidence. eg. drivers licence which has a photo on it here.

Australians are also very careful and would not send their passport photos online. We are all warned about identification fraud.

But to protect yourself ask her to provide more identification with photos. as I said drivers licence and that should all have a signature on it.

Also ask to skype so you can see her face and see if it is the same as the person that has sent you the passport.

You can call the australian embassy in the US and advise that this person has sent you a copy of their passport. But they will not give you information. If it is stolen or a fake they may hint at it.

But under privacy laws unless you have a signed authority from the owner they will not give you the information you require. The same applies in the US with US identification the authorities will not give information.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the advice I will do as you say thanks again
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards