Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Housing NSW.Few months ago without my knowledge or consent

Customer Question

Housing NSW.Few months ago without my knowledge or consent housing deducted my centerlink of the market rate of the rent.Which was my entife pension I started receiving notice of rejected payment from my car insurance my Rta debt electricity gas and ppone bills.I contacted centerlink and found that all my money was going to housing .On contact I was told they had taken out over$ 3000 .After a lot of fussing and toing and froing to the office they gave back$ 1400 in cash after 3 weeks.Then a few weeks later I received a cheque in the mail of $1400.Asuming this to be the balance I used it to pay my outstanding bills.Now Im recieving notices everyday that they have overpaid me and therefore want full payment back or I will have to vacate .They are not willing to accept $20_30 a fortnight which is what I can afford.Please help.Arti Wardan.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No just the eviction notice has scared me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who will help with your inquiry today. I'll just read what you wrote and respond shortly.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 6 months ago.

Okay Arti, are you able to attach a copy of the eviction notice that you received? I want to see on what basis they are evicting you.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 5 months ago.

Hi Arti, did you see my message regarding the eviction notice?

Please attach it so that I can help.

Kylie