Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

This relates to motor vehicle insurance post accident (car

Customer Question

Hi, this relates to motor vehicle insurance post accident (car written off). I'm disputing three things. 1) Paying out TWO excess fees (one regular and one on top as driver was under 25 - total $2,200). 2) they want me to pay future six months of instalments for a car that's written off/no longer exists and they are not proving future six months insurance for. 3) I had provided quotes to the insurer for a damage sustained months earlier, they never paid out and now that car is written off, they don't want to honour that claim. What are my rights, please?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
SO what is the issue?
Are you the owner of the written off vehicle?
You are disputing the insurance company?