Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have just find out that i have criminal record in

Customer Question

i have just find out that i have criminal record in accrdatabase but i hve never ben to court. what should i do?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is this database a police one?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
im not sure
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i dont think so
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

It appears to be a private one.

Criminal records are private and they are not available to the public.

Before you do anything you should check and make sure you do not have a record by applying through the police. Once you are certain there is nothing on it then you can lodge a complaint about this site and have all notations not you removed.

Did you pay to use the site?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have never been to court how is it possible to get criminal record?
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Did you pay for the site and see your details or did you do a search and it said the number of records that are found?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no i didnt pay i typed my name and the number of records came up
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

But you did not see the records? You could not identify it was you correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thats right
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Evening.

Ok

This does not mean it is you. It may be others with your name. Or the site may just come up with this so people get curious and pay.

Unless you see your name and date of birth and address to identify you, it is not you.

If you have not been to court and convicted there should not be any report there.

But to be 100% certain contact the police and apply for a criminal record. This is the only way you can be 100% certain. I would not rely on a site that is not run by the police.