Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I was issued with a TIN on the 8th April 2016. The notice

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I was issued with a TIN on the 8th April 2016. The notice reads "Your speed 57kph, exceeded the maximum speed limit of 60kph. Obviously, I elected to go to court and sent the TIN to the Department of Transport. To date, I have had no correspondence from the DOT. Should I do something?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: QLD
JA: Huh?
Customer: Excuse me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: The officer filled out the infringement notice incorrectly?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

TIN? what does that stand for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Traffic Infringement notice
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Leon, did you receive my last message. TIN stands for Traffic Infringement Notice
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Can you tell me did the police officer issue that to you on the spot?

Did you now first ask for the notice to be withdrawn before electing for it to go to court?