Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

When Australia becomes a republic--when this happens --then

Customer Question

when Australia becomes a republic--when this happens --then the constitution will be thrown to the gutter --plus the crown shall be removed--- this means --that all land 100% of all land --fee &symple --freehold --leasehold [83%of australias land mass]
hypthetically if the republic is declared at 12 noon--at 1 minute after 12 mid day--all land would have to be handed back to the previous residents-- the gov response to that would be--- the gov would manage the land on behalf of the indigernous people--- if that be the case all land tenue would be converted to a yearly rental system of every single hectare
can you edit this & advise which is fiction or fact
the republican suporters are led to beleive that the aus gov sends millions to britain every --that is absolute crap the last cent aus gov paid to the crown was on the 15--12--1952
the republic system here would be an absolute disaster
what are your thoughts on this
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It wont be thrown out it will be amended. The constitutionalise any other law evolves. They will remove reference to the queen, if that is what the referendum approves and insert another term such as president etc.

It will not change the land ownership. It will simply be in the name of the Australian Government if the crown is removed. Nothing will change there.

The crown will be replaced with an alternative and all things will remain the same.

In 1975 the Australia act signed between Australia and Britain ended the money we pay to the UK.

In order for the constitution to be changed they need a majority of states and a majority in each state.

If both do not happen it will not be changed.

There have been 44 referendums held since 1901 and only eight of these have been successful. The most successful referendum in Australia's history was in 1967 where 90.77% of the nation voted 'Yes for Aborigines'.

Here are the referenda that ere held and what the figures were

http://www.aec.gov.au/elections/referendums/referendum_dates_and_results.htm

I would not concern yourself too much about changes. The last time they tried to remove the queen it failed.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Expert:  raymond-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/australian-law/9q54x-when-australia-becomes-republic-when-happens-then.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Is there anything else I can assist you with? If not

thank you for using my services.

Regards